1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 6-26-2018

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Jun 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Scamp

Scamp Stunt Coordinator

Jason
    Thanks Mike!

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

BEWARE...THIS IS A BUMP OF AN OLD ROUND-UP. :D

Hey, Jason!

Here's an update on this issue with Last Man Standing discs.

When I bought Seasons 1-4, you asked about the discs I got and I posted this picture showing that they were pressed discs:

[​IMG]

Well, I just cracked open seasons 5 & 6 so Peg and I can finish our binge watching of the series in anticipation of the New season on Fox.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So it looks like this time I got I got DVD-Rs for seasons 5 & 6.

I got the pressed discs of Seasons 1-4 from a third party vendor via Amazon. Seasons 5 & 6 came from Amazon directly. Go figure.

Did you ever pick up 5 & 6?

It seems odd to me that they would issue DVD-Rs early in the release's history and then switch-over to pressed discs. It seems like the opposite is usually what happens. Isn't it?

Scamp likes this.
  3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I just checked on that and just as you described, that text IS just above the UPC code on the back of each of these two new LMS cases.

Scamp likes this.
  4. Scamp

Scamp Stunt Coordinator

Jason
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for the update on what type of discs you received for the new seasons. I haven't picked 5 & 6 up myself as of yet although I do plan to do so eventually. I never seem to get tired of watching repeats of this show. I am glad Fox gave the show a reprieve and is bringing it back this coming season; hopefully, when it's decided to end the show this next time around, they are given enough notice to provide it with a proper send-off.

I agree about the oddity surrounding the pressed discs for this show, but you're right, it is usually the other way around with pressed 1st and then DVD-Rs later.